October 22, 2008

Kyla Anne Gerstmann

So we finally had our little baby girl. Kyla was born on Sunday, October 19 at 11:52 a.m. This was quite a different labor experience than I had with Ryland. I started getting mild contractions at 4 in the morning on Sunday. By about 10 a.m they were getting a little more intense so we headed for the hospital. We got there at 10:30 a.m. and she was born about an hour and a half later. There was no time for an epidural and the nurse didn't even know if the doctor was going to make it on time. (They had to call him out of church) Everything worked out though, I realized I'm tougher than I thought and we have a beautiful, healthy girl with the biggest cheeks you've ever seen.

She weighed 8 lbs. 8 oz. and was 19.5 inches long.

We are all home now and trying to adjust to having two children in the house. Ryland has been an awesome big brother and loves helping out - it's so cute. Lots more pics to come...but in the meantime, here are a few from the day she was born.


1 comment:

Us said...

I was just thinking about you yesterday, Kathy! Congratulations!!! Kyla is bea.u.ti.ful! Way to go on no epidural and having an 8lb 8oz baby. Woah! You guys make a beautiful family together. Glad to hear Ryland is adapting well. Yea for baby girls!