March 23, 2009

Kyla - 5 Months Old

I have to admit - I love having a girl. I was a little unsure at first considering I wanted three boys - but I can't imagine life without Kyla. She is the sweetest little baby - lots of smiles and definitely a Mommy's girl (which I love) :)

We can't believe how quickly 5 months has come around. This past week we tried giving her some rice cereal - the faces she made were hysterical - I'll have to post some pics soon. So...it's been around 4 days since and she still isn't really grasping eating with a spoon. I think she enjoys the whole eating event - all eyes on her, making funny faces and trying to get her to open her mouth but she can care less about the actual food. I remember Ryland going crazy because I couldn't get the food in his mouth fast enough. I know it's still early for her - but we thought we'd give it a try since she recently went through a growth spurt and was acting really hungry all the time.

This weekend we are heading to Santa Barbara for a mini weekend get-away, I'm sure we'll have lots of pics to post when we get back.


1 comment:

Brandon,Shara and Family said...

I can totally understand how you feel about having a girl. I only wanted boys too and am so glad to have a girl...so much fun. I cant believe Kyla is 5 months already...time goes by so fast.I wish we could bottle up some of the sweetness that babies have at this age and save it for when we really need it :). Talk to you soon. We love ya.